Atlanta, Georgia Personal Care Specializing in Memory Care Community
Emeritus at Sandy Springs Place
Atlanta, GA 30350
This is the promise that the staff at Emeritus at Sandy Springs Place - and throughout Emeritus Senior Living communities - has shared since 1998, when our memory care community first opened its doors. It's a simple promise to be compassionate and kind, understanding and respectful - a promise to become extended family to the seniors entrusted in our care.
Why choose an “Personal Care Specializing in Memory Care” community?
At Emeritus at Sandy Springs Place, we offer a unique type of community living for those who live with memory loss – it’s called “Personal Care Specializing in Memory Care.”
Each person experiences the symptoms and progression of memory loss differently. And, there are several “stages” of memory loss that need to be taken into special consideration when exploring senior living options. The earlier these stages are identified and addressed, the better.
Why is Emeritus at Sandy Springs Place a better alternative to a typical personal care environment?
- A resident living with memory loss may be “lost” or “confused” in an environment that doesn’t recognize, or cannot address, the challenges of memory loss.
- A resident who experiences memory loss may be ostracized or ignored by others because of an inability to keep up with conversation or remember fellow residents.
- Personal Care activities and programming aren’t necessarily designed for residents who live with memory loss. Too much stimulation can be stressful and confusing. The inability to participate will cause withdrawal.
- The resident who has memory loss may need reminders for activities of daily living (eating, bathing, toileting, etc.) that allow them to live their life in a dignified manner.
- As the memory loss progresses and care needs change, the right community will eliminate the need to move to a different facility. One move lessens the trauma for everyone.
Understanding our Expertise in Memory Care
We understand memory loss, and our community offers the expertise to address it. Through our unique Join Their Journey® memory care program, we design programming and activities to address the stages of memory loss, allowing us to meet the right needs at the right time.
Read more about our Early, Mid,and Late Stages Programming.
And along with this programming expertise, we have a patient, compassionate care staff. These caregivers undergo specialized memory care training. They recognize these stages of memory loss, and can help families deal with the frustrations that memory loss may bring. We also have a highly experienced Memory Care Director who designs and oversees our programming.