Find a community
25 miles
  • 25 miles
  • 50 miles
  • 100 miles
  • 250 miles
All
  • All
  • Alzheimer's and Memory Care
  • Assisted Living
  • On-Site Rehabilitation
  • Residential Care
  • Retirement Living
  • Senior Day Programs
  • Short Stay / Respite Care
  • Skilled Nursing Care

Tucson, Arizona Senior Living Community

Tucson, Arizona Assisted Living and Retirement Community

Emeritus at Pantano

8151 E Speedway Blvd
Tucson, AZ 85710
(520) 334-4456
Our Community Lifestyle

A Wonderful Active Lifestyle

We offer a wide variety of daily activities, including our popular Sit N’ Get Fit program, music, crafts and such games as Wii – residents just started a Wii bowling tournament! Social gathering are also very popular. Every Wednesday, we have a wine and cheese social. We have weekly ice-cream socials and offer many opportunities for families to join us for special get-togethers, whether for Easter brunch, Mother’s Day or Christmas dinner. We also have holiday feasts just for our residents and staff, during which we all sit together at long tables and enjoy a wonderful meal together. This ensures that our residents who don’t have family won’t have to spend the holidays alone.

In addition, we bring in outside entertainment on a regular basis, from Jazz and Blue Grass bands to the Gate Keepers, a wonderful youth singing group. We even have volunteers who bring in their pets to provide “pet therapy.” Non-denominational religious services are held every Wednesday, choir practice is held Tuesday and on Sundays, outside transportation picks up our Baptist and Catholic residents and takes them to their local churches.

We are proud that we have many veterans here at Emeritus at Pantano – in fact, half of our population is men! So we’ve designed special programs for both groups – the Red Hat Society for our lady residents, who have frequent lunch parties together, and the ROMEO (Retired Old Men Eating Out) Club, which enjoys meals together at a local diner. And for all of our residents, we offer many outings, from shopping trips into downtown Tucson to visits to the new King Tut exhibit in town.

Partnering with the Local Neighborhood Community

Every Tuesday night, we sponsor a health and wellness lecture, conducted by well-known author and physician, Dr. Sheldon Deal. From tips on how to handle stress to the importance of vitamin C, Dr. Deal is a huge draw in the local area, with as many as 80 people from the Tucson community joining our residents for his informative and engaging weekly discussions.

We are also actively involved with our local Alzheimer’s Association. Last fall, we had a parking lot sale, with all of the proceeds benefiting the organization. And each year, our staff participates in the annual Walk to End Alzheimer’s. Our community also recently saved a small non-profit thrift shop in town from going out of business. As a result of our recent renovation, we donated 60 percent of our furnishings and artwork to the store, which has created an excellent revenue source for them. The remaining 40 percent was sold at a silent auction, with the proceeds benefiting the Alzheimer’s Association.

Fine Dining

We have three scheduled meals a day, served restaurant style, with two entrée choices available at lunch and dinner. But just like home, our dining services never shut down! If a resident is late for a meal or wants something other than one of our entrées, sandwiches, soups and salads are always available. Even if a resident wakes up hungry in the middle of the night, we have dedicated refrigerators that our caregivers can access to make him or her a snack.

And all of our meals are made from scratch – nothing frozen or pre-packaged at Emeritus at Pantano! If we have left-overs, our chef will prepare a delicious soup. It’s not surprising that many residents describe our food as “delicious,” “scrumptious,” “fabulous,” and often “complain” that they are gaining too much weight! We can also accommodate most special dietary needs, including residents requiring a mechanical soft and pureed diet.

The residents of Pantano Gardens eat from the same menu, with their meals brought to their own dining room. In addition to three meals a day, we provide three scheduled snacks a day to ensure proper nutrition. This is especially critical for residents with memory impairments, as their sensation of hunger is often diminished. Snacks are typically served as part of an activity – for example, making smores or “ants on a log.”