Skilled nursing facilities provide the highest level of care outside of a hospital setting for individuals who have health conditions that require constant monitoring. These facilities have doctors, nurses and health care aides available 24 hours a day who provide care for people who are recovering from a surgery, a hospital stay or those that need long-term custodial care.
The primary goal of a skilled nursing community is to help individuals function at the highest level possible. Most skilled nursing communities provide:
- Post-hospital and post-surgical care
- Long-term custodial care
- Medication administration and IV services
- Individualized care plans
- Assistance with activities of daily living
- Incontinence, catheter & colostomy care
- Therapeutic and special diets
- Diabetic management
- Medicare-certified beds
Many skilled nursing communities offer access to specialized services designed to improve the resident’s condition, making it easier for them to live as independently as possible. These services may include:
- Physical, occupational and speech therapy
- Psycho-social care and support
- Hospice and palliative care
- Cardiac respiratory care
- Orthopedic recovery care
- Dialysis Care
- Feeding assistance
At Emeritus, we offer the unique option of receiving skilled nursing and rehabilitation care in the comfortable and homelike environment of our skilled nursing facilities, also known as transitional care communities. Together with your physician, our multidisciplinary team is dedicated to meeting your specific care needs through the development of an individualized care plan. You’ll also receive the same senior care services all residents enjoy: home-cooked meals, housekeeping, transportation, outstanding service, and more.
As your health conditions improve, you may decide that having a helping hand – perhaps someone to help manage medications, help get you ready for the day or prepare special meals – is beneficial to you or your loved ones’ situation. Through our VIP Extended Stay Program you may find that sometimes that extra help is all we need to continue living safely on our own.
- Continuing Care Retirement Communities
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Alzheimer's and Dementia Care
- Skilled Nursing
- Long-Term Care
- Rehabilitation Services
- Respite Care
- Hospice Care
- Adult Day Care Services
- Senior In-Home Visits
* Services and amenities available at select locations, per state regulations. Please contact your local community for availability.