Independent Retirement Living
Independent living communities, also called retirement living, offer a safe, secure and social environment for active, independent seniors. They are usually set up as apartments , small patio homes, or cottages. Often, the staff provides specific services and amenities for retirees who live an active lifestyle.
If your loved one can still do everything for themselves, but would like to live among peers, this is a very good option for them. Residents of independent living communities continue to live the same lifestyle they did at home. These communities usually have on-site staff members that provide a small amount of supervision. These communities offer a “maintenance-free” living option, and often offer extensive activities, events and programs for their residents. Many studies have proven that being socially active is good for both mental and physical health.
The key points about independent living communities are that they:
- Allow a person to maintain independence
- Often offer meal packages so residents don’t have to worry about cooking or dining alone
- Offer more social interaction than living at home
- Provide some supervision from the staff
- Often arrange activities and outings for residents
At Emeritus Senior Living, we offer a variety of independent retirement living communities where retirees can relax and enjoy their free time and new friends while we take care of the housekeeping, laundry, maintenance and meals. We even have staff on-site 24 hours a day should you ever need us. It’s a perfect way to enjoy the Golden Years.
- Continuing Care Retirement Communities
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Alzheimer's and Dementia Care
- Skilled Nursing
- Long-Term Care
- Rehabilitation Services
- Respite Care
- Hospice Care
- Adult Day Care Services
- Senior In-Home Visits
* Services and amenities available at select locations, per state regulations. Please contact your local community for availability.