Don't know where to turn for senior care help?
As part of our commitment to helping seniors nationwide, we have assigned the Emeritus Safety NET (Nurse Emergency Team), a resource center and hotline to provide support to caregivers who are now caring for a senior loved one who was displaced because of Hurricane Sandy.
If you need assistance please call your local Emeritus Community
or the helpline at 888-527-5135.
Tips for helping your senior loved one during these difficult times:
- Personal Care: Tips to help your loved one with dressing, bathing or other personal needs.
- Prescriptions: Make sure their prescriptions are filled to last 30 days. Keep a record to help manage medication doses.
- Hazards: Make sure all walkways inside and outside are well-lit and unobstructed to avoid any unnecessary falls. Automatic night-lights in hallways, their bedroom and bathroom can reduce falls and confusion. If stairs are an issue, make sure handrails are secure on both sides of the stairs.
- Mobility: Have a walker or cane available to prevent falling.
- Bathroom Hazards: To avoid falls you may want to consider installing shower rails in the bathroom.
- Clothing Needs: Seniors tend to get cold easily. Make sure your loved one is dressed properly by covering as much exposed skin as possible. Hats help stop body heat from escaping. Be sure they have non-skid shoes to avoid slipping.
- Meals: Prepare meals that fit any special dietary needs.
- Mail: Arrange for their mail to be delivered to their new address if they are displaced for a long period of time.
- Doctor Appointments: Check with their primary physician for any upcoming appointments or if appointments need to be made for vaccinations or check-ups.
- Important Documents: Make sure you have your loved one's important documents available: Driver's license, insurance cards, check books, birth certificate, living will, power of attorney (if applicable), and insurance policies.
Short-Term Senior Housing Available
Check with your local community for availability and rates.
Emeritus Senior Living Locations
Emeritus at Landing of Brockport
Emeritus at Perinton Park Manor
Emeritus at East Side Manor
Emeritus at Lakewood
Emeritus at Colonie Manor
Emeritus at West Side Manor
Emeritus at Orchard Glen
Emeritus at Painted Post
Emeritus at the Landing of Queensbury
Emeritus at West Side Rochester
Emeritus at Bellevue Manor
Emeritus at Woodland Manor
Emeritus at Bassett Park
Emeritus at Bassett Park Manor
Emeritus at Cape May
Emeritus at Marlton Crossing
Emeritus at Emerson
Emeritus at Hillsborough
Emeritus at Stafford
Emeritus at Paramus
Emeritus at Echelon Lake
Emeritus at Voorhees
Emeritus at Wayne
Emeritus at West Orange