If your loved one is starting to need help with everyday activities, it might be time to consider an assisted living community. In general, assisted living communities:
- Can provide direct assistance with everyday tasks, like bathing, dressing and meals
- Have trained staff available and monitoring 24 hours a day
- Help residents maintain their dignity while aging
- May have specialized units for residents with Alzheimer’s or dementia
- Can have different licenses allowing for different levels of assistance and independence
- Can help with transportation to doctor appointments
- Often have busy activity calendars to keep residents engaged with other residents
At an assisted living facility, all meals are generally served in a central dining room. In addition, the staff will usually help with transportation arrangements to doctor appointments, and many communities coordinate group excursions for residents. They also offer busy activity calendars to keep residents engaged with other residents.
It’s important to remember that assisted living communities are not all the same. They can range in size from adult family homes with four to six residents, to large multi-unit communities. Some may have specialized units for Alzheimer’s or dementia care. There can also be big differences in which amenities are included with the rent, and what medical services are provided according to the assisted living facility’s license.
If you are observing an alarming decline in the safety, social, or emotional needs of your parent or loved one, it’s time to see how assisted living services can help! At Emeritus Senior Living, we offer a full complement of assisted living services; including housing, health care, meals, recreational programs and many extra amenities for seniors who can no longer live on their own, but want to improve their health and maintain their independence.
Find an Emeritus assisted living community near you.
wE Care - Emeritus Resident Evaluation Program
To ensure we meet all your assisted living needs, we have designed our own state-of-the-art computerized resident evaluation program called wE Care. This powerful software tool allows us to accurately evaluate and monitor your loved ones personal care services. In addition, our Director of Resident Care will visit with you or your loved one to personally discuss health-related issues and to monitor your progress.
Click below to read more about wE Care!
- Continuing Care Retirement Communities
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Alzheimer's and Dementia Care
- Skilled Nursing
- Long-Term Care
- Rehabilitation Services
- Respite Care
- Hospice Care
- Adult Day Care Services
- Senior In-Home Visits
* Services and amenities available at select locations, per state regulations. Please contact your local community for availability.